Address: Highcroft Quarry, Gurney Slade, Somerset, BA3 4TH What 3 Words - ///burglars.darkest.rebirth
Any questions e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
•Please do not arrive before 08.30. The access lane is small and the crew will need access prior to 08.30. There are plenty of large laybys on the main A37 both North and South of the turnoff. On arrival there will be parking marshals who will direct you where to park, please let them know if you are camping. If you wish to park with friends, please arrive with them. We have lots of vehicles arriving and organising group parking is beyond our capabilities.
• DO NOT come through the village of Gurney Slade to access the site. Please use the turning to the South of the village. You will see an SST flag on the junction. Be aware that if using a Sat Nav when approaching from the North it is likely to take you down a dead-end road, so please look for the flag!
• We will endeavour to park you sensibly for exit/access as required or in case of emergencies, however if the parking area is busy blockages may occur
Camping/ Site Information
• Camping is only available for those who have pre booked. Absolutely no unauthorised camping.
• Do use a proper campsite. DO NOT think you can go around the corner and kip in your car. This will upset locals which will impact our ability to use this site in the future.
• Please keep the site tidy, you are responsible for disposal/recycling of your own rubbish
• There is no electricity or running water on site so please make allowances for this.
• The site is a disused quarry. The ground is very hard, mostly rock. It is ideal for camper vans, but you will struggle to pitch a tent.
• You are responsible for your own safety and any minors in your care. There are steep drops and uneven surfaces, please take care.
• There are separate male and female luxury cabin toilets on site. Please ensure they are kept clean. A pump out is scheduled for late Saturday Afternoon.
• BBQ's can be used but they (and any fires) must be kept off the ground
On-site Catering/Trade Stalls
• There will be a catering van serving hot food and drinks over the weekend and a Pizza company, for those camping on the Saturday night the Pizza van will be serving until about 19.00 but let them know during the day if you are planning an evening Pizza. Both the food van and Pizza company take cards.
• The following traders will also be with us,
• Not all accept cards so bring plenty of cash.
Please also be aware that Social Distancing will need to be in place, as we are just coming out of Covid restrictions; and be courteous to other drivers.
• The event is open to all land based electric RC. Please NO nitro, petrol, or anything that flies. The organisers may use a drone for promotional filming.
• This year we have an amazing prize raffle with the draw being held on the Sunday. Tickets can be purchased from HQ and any of the SST Crew, look out for them in their red shirts. All profits will be donated to the Friends of Ditcheat School
• On arrival, please report to HQ (Red Gazebo) to collect your drivers packs and wristbands.
• It is important that you wear your wristband. The SST Crew will be checking them. Anyone not in wearing a wristband and found driving will be escorted off the site.
• We will be opening the booking-in desk on Friday for the people who are camping, please ensure you get booked in as this will save time for the Saturday morning.
• Booking-in on Saturday and Sunday mornings will open with the gates at 08.30
• The trails are open from 08.30
Itinerary: (times are subject to change)
• 8:30 AM Gates and Trails open (see booking in notes above)
• 11:00 AM KOM – Meet at HQ
• 2:00 PM Show and Shine – Line up entries outside HQ
• 3:00 PM Show and shine Prize giving & KOM end of day results
• 5.30 PM Trails Close
• 6:00 PM All day visitors to be off site
• 8:30 AM Gates and Trails open
• 09.30 AM KOM – Meet at HQ
• 10.30 AM Show and Shine – Line up entries outside HQ
• 1.30 PM KOM + Show and Shine Prize Giving and raffle draw
• 4.30 PM Trails Close
Activities running throughout both days
• Dino Hunt, collect your quiz card from HQ
• Basher Area
The trails will be marked by ascending numbered gates 1,2,3,4 etc.,
• Left gate marker is numbered
• Right marker will have a sponsor Logo on it
• Please keep the numbered gate on the left-hand side of your rig to ensure you are going in the correct direction
• If you knock over or damage a gate-marker please ensure you reinstate it before moving to the next gate
• Allow space between yourselves and other drivers, especially groups as they may take longer to complete a gate/section
• If you are struggling with a section or your group size is causing delays to other drivers allow them to pass before re-commencing.
• Irresponsible driving, endangering others or their property will result in you being removed from the event.
FIRST AID & the boring stuff
A qualified first aider will be on site while the trails are open.
• A copy of the Risk assessment and event Insurance certificate are available to be viewed at HQ
• If you need a refresher of the disclaimer that you signed up to when you entered it can be viewed at https://southernscaletrail.co.uk/
• Any issues please speak to an SST team member at HQ